People in Mind
People in Mind is an HR consultancy business based in Cambridge.
Established in 2001, they are a little different from most HR companies. They’ve studied “people”. Employee behaviour is their specialty. Couple that knowledge with expertise in employment practices and you have yourself a very strong employer advocate.
Employing people can come with challenges whether that’s in the recruitment phase, the induction and development stage or sometimes (unfortunately) needing to work through a disciplinary process.
As a business specialising in human resources, People in Mind can work with you to help you with every stage of the employment relationship:
- HR policy and planning – development and implementation
- Employment relations – advice, disciplinary and performance management
- Representation at mediation
- Employment compliance - meeting employment obligations, drafting agreements and related documentation
- Recruitment - attracting candidates to the role, interviewing, profiling candidates, reference checking and on-boarding
Unlike most other firms, they only work with you, the employer, and although they may work alongside your employees in the process of managing HR aspects, they do not represent employees in respect of employment disputes and grievances.
One of their strengths is the up-skilling they provide to clients in HR management. It could be as simple as a phone call about a particular issue, right through to one of their team running a disciplinary meeting alongside their client.