ATTENTION: Farming Employers
- Are my Employment Agreements up to date for all employees?https://www.dairynz.co.nz/people/recruitment-and-onboarding/employment-agreements/
- Are my New Employee forms current?
- Tax Deduction (IR330)
- KiwiSaver (KS2)
- Am I meeting the Minimum Wage Requirements?
- Are you paying your employees for every hour worked in a pay period? https://www.employment.govt.nz/hours-and-wages/pay/minimum-wage/agricultural-industry/
All employees MUST BE PAID AT LEAST THE MINIMUM WAGE OF $20.00 PER HOUR FOR ALL HOURS WORKED IN EACH PAY PERIOD. Wages cannot be averaged over a season.
- ‘Top up’ Hours
If your employee exceeds their maximum hours in any pay period, they must be paid any extra hours at either the Minimum Wage $20.00 per hour or their usual hourly rate
- Are you CASHING UP entitled Annual Leave for your employees? https://www.employment.govt.nz/leave-and-holidays/annual-holidays/cashing-up-annual-holidays/
- Get the request in writing from your employee - click here for a cashing up annual leave application form
- Tax it based on a lump sum basis https://www.ird.govt.nz/employing-staff/payday-filing/non-standard-filing-of-employment-information/lump-sum-payments
- Are your employees’ Accommodation Allowances at Market Value?
- Taxable Accommodation Allowances – EXEMPT from KiwiSaver calculations
Unless your employment agreements state otherwise, Taxable Accommodation Allowances are exempt from KiwiSaver Calculations. If this is the case for any new employee’s, and annually for existing employees, send a message via your myIR login to advise the value of an employee’s gross earnings that are NOT subject to KiwiSaver calculations to avoid getting IR mail stating you have under-calculated KiwiSaver amounts. Any questions, please call us. https://www.ird.govt.nz/kiwisaver/kiwisaver-employers/contributions-and-deductions/gross-pay-for-kiwisaver-and-complying-funds
- Farming employees with Accommodation who are being paid by ACC
If your employee goes on ACC, ACC does not deduct and reimburse you for an employee’s accommodation. We encourage you to discuss with your employee and suggest you ask them to reimburse you for their accommodation from their ACC payment.
- Am I using Timesheets? This is a NOT NEGOTIABLE – get on board!
PaySauce - A Payroll Provider that is geared for the Farming Industry!
PaySauce has developed a payroll specifically designed for the agricultural sector that reduces the time Employers spend paying staff. With the use of Smart Apps for iOS and Android phones, employees can electronically enter their timesheets hours which is then simply reviewed and approved by the Employer. PaySauce calculates wages, holiday pay, PAYE, KiwiSaver, minimum wage ‘top ups’ to keep labour inspectors happy, as well as taking care of PAYE filing and making the payments to staff and the IRD. Federated Farmers members get a $50 start-up credit!
Payroll team at Accounted4
Anne Bland Extension 831 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm
Carolyn Lawrence Extension 837 Email: email@example.com
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Kate Crookston Extension 825 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays 9am to 2.30pm