With recent legislation changes employers are required to review and update your employment agreements for the increased Sick leave, and the Bereavement leave extension to include miscarriages and stillbirths.
If you need HR assistance, please call the Accounted4 payroll team for a referral.
- Sick Leave entitlement increased on 24 July 2021 to 10 day
The minimum sick leave entitlements increased from 5 to 10 days per year from 24 July 2021. Employees get the extra five days per year when they reach their next entitlement date.
Sick leave is paid time off work if an employee, their spouse, partner, dependent child, or other person who depends on them is sick or injured.
Check your payroll provider has updated the software.
- Bereavement Leave
Bereavement leave is a special kind of paid leave that all employees who meet certain criteria can use if someone close to them dies, or in the event of a miscarriage or stillbirth.
- Parental Leave payment increase on 1 July 2021
On 1st July 2021, the maximum weekly rate of parental leave payments increased to Gross $621.76 per week BEFORE TAX (PAYE, Student Loan, Child Support or KiwiSaver payments).
- Kilometre Rate for business use of vehicles – Decreased for 2021 Income Year
The IR Commissioner recently confirmed the rates for calculating the kilometre rates for using your vehicle for business purposes. The two-tier rates start at 79c per kilometre for the business portion of the first 14,000 kilometres travelled by the vehicle in a year and can be used when reimbursing an employee.
For your info
- Leave without pay reminders
BEFORE an employee takes leave without pay, here are some reminders:
- The agreement to allow leave without pay should be recorded in writing
- Watch out if they take leave of more than one week – you need to agree on the impact on their anniversary date
- Implications on Public Holidays, bereavement leave, alternative holidays, and sick leave during leave without pay.
As always if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with the Payroll team.
Payroll team at Accounted4
Anne Bland Extension 831 Email email@example.com
Carolyn Lawrence Extension 837 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Crookston Extension 825 Email email@example.com