When did you last review your Employment Agreements?
Do your employment agreements reflect the changes in the last couple of years?
- Matariki Public Holiday – will shift each year to align with the maramataka (Māori lunar calendar) and will always be on a Friday.
- Sick Leave entitlement increased on 24 July 2021 to 10 days
REMEMBER – there is no pro-rata of sick leave – all eligible employees get 10 days on their anniversary.
- Bereavement Leave – extension to include miscarriages and stillbirths.
If you need HR assistance, please call the Accounted4 payroll team for a referral.
IR Kilometre Rate for business use of vehicles
Increased for 2022 Income Year
If you use the these KM rates to reimburse employees, make sure you are using the current rates – two-tier rates start at 83c per kilometre.
Parental Leave payment increase on 1 July 2022
On 1st July 2022, the maximum weekly rate of parental leave payments increased to Gross $661.12 per week BEFORE TAX (PAYE, Student Loan, Child Support or KiwiSaver payments).
Taking Annual Leave prior to the Government’s Paid Parental Leave
You can use annual leave before you go on parental leave.
Impact of parental leave on payment rate for annual leave
When an employee becomes entitled to annual leave during their parental leave or in the next 12 months after their return, payment is made at the AVERAGE WEEKLY EARNINGS (AWE) and not the higher of AWE or Ordinary Weekly Pay.
Keeping in touch days
Working from time to time to perform work or keep in touch with your employer:
- Maximum of 64 hours of paid work for your employer during your parental leave payment period; and
- This work is not within the first 28 days after your child was born.https://www.employment.govt.nz/leave-and-holidays/parental-leave/types-of-parental-leave/keeping-in-touch-days-2/
Payroll team at Accounted4